Here’s What Happens To Your Body When You Eat A Tide Pod

Here’s What Happens To Your Body When You Eat A Tide Pod

 Here's What Happens To Your Body When You Eat A Tide Pod




The very first thing you should do is wash out the mouth and drink water or milk to dilute the detergent, Anderson says, and do not try to induce vomiting. Then you should call Poison Control (1-800-222-1222) if the symptoms are mild or moderate. These include irritation and burning in the mouth and esophagus, coughing, vomiting, diarrhea, and drooling in children.

“When you call Poison Control, be ready to tell them the exact brand and type of pod, because they need to know the specific ingredients and concentration of them to assess the situation,” Anderson says. Poison Control will typically advise you to wait and monitor symptoms. “The good thing is that the detergent affects the body fairly quickly, so you’ll know if something is going to happen within an hour,” Anderson says.

If symptoms become severe or you experience prolonged vomiting, wheezing, severe drowsiness, or trouble breathing — call 911 or go to the hospital. When it comes to treatment, there’s no detergent antidote. “We usually just offer supportive care, so if there’s burning in the esophagus we’ll give you an IV and an endoscopy or if you are in respiratory distress we’ll put you on a CPAP or ventilator until things improve,” Anderson says.

Typically, people who go into the hospital after swallowing detergent are out the next day without any issues, but it really depends on how many pods you eat and whether you ingest or inhale them.

loading…


Love and Share!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *